Friday, June 22, 2012

Mock Orange Wedding Anniversary Card


I noticed yesterday a wonderful scent coming from a shrub where I reside. I always thought it was a native plant and had often wondered what the plant was and then yesterday with that fantastic fragrance, I finally knew! It is a Mock Orange at least one species of which is native (see Washington Native Plant Society). As soon as the sun shines LOL I am going to play with my camera and see if I can take a nice photo of it. It is next to an Ocean Spray, another Pacific Northwest native, that also just bloomed. Oh my gosh, upon reading more, perhaps the fragrance is from the Ocean Spray (see Hansen's Northwest Native Plant Database)! Two fragrant native plants next to eachother---how divine! Meantime, I discovered the marvelous artist Julie who has justbyjuliecards at Zazzle and other stores. Look at her storefront to read about where her work is offered. She has designed hundreds of great items. She blogs too! Click on the card here to purchase and browse.

Delicious Save this on Delicious